Its not just a Gyro, its Smooth Flite
Based on its incredibly popular 26 Channel bigger brother the Smooth Flite 26 channel expander, the Sixteen boasts all the same great features plus a few new innovations which stamp the Smooth Flite Sixteen as one of the best RC Gyros out now.
With the rise of smaller and smaller turbines and more compact models, we saw a need for a product that is light weight and compact enough while still boasting all of the features such as the auto gain control, dual battery redundancy and dual receiver redundancy which has made the Smooth Flite a popular contender in todays competitive Gyro market.
Smooth Flite gives you the confidence of dual redundant receivers high current regulated power with 16 fully programmable channels, 3 axis gyro, 3 axis accelerometer, compass and a barometer and easy setup with a full colour touch screen interface. The Smooth Flite system allows you to assign as many Gyro outputs as necessary, both scale and turbine models of all sizes are now a breeze to setup program and fly with the Smooth Flite 16.
We have focussed extensively on the user experience being ultra simple-to-use and all reports we have had back from our test team say we have hit the nail on the head. Super simple to use compared to all other well know systems.
The only gyro system on the market with a dual fly and feel, the Smooth Flite algorithm has been specially designed for all types of RC models so that you can guarantee locked in performance. With our new proprietary sports mode deigned for more 3D focused pilots and models as well as the already popular Smooth mode for more scale models. We use state of the art programming to predict and calculate where your model is headed, giving Smooth Flite an advantage over other Gyros.
Secure Technology with Optional Exclusive Personalization
We all know how valuable our giant scale models are so the Smooth Flite 16 can be factory ordered with your own personalized startup screen that is displayed every time you power up the Smooth Flite 16 and is also availble from the Information menu. Your personalized Smooth Flite 16 will have you looking pro and will make your model exclusive to you so and easy trackable if necessary. To order your exclusive version select the option from the drop down list and fill out the Startup screen message you require. Our team will verify this information with you prior to shipping your personalized Exclusive Smooth Flite 16.
Supports multiple Protocols
What do you fly, Futaba, JR/DFA, Spektrum, Graupner, Jeti, FrSky or Powerbox. Whatever you fly, Smooth Flite has you covered. With build in downlink telemetry for each radio system and the ability to change the protocol at the touch of a button, the Smooth Flite system can be easy changed from model to model with different receivers in each.
Sixteen fully assignable and programmable outputs
Looking at that next big project and wondering how you’re going to power all those servos, the Smooth Flite system is equipped with 16 fully programmable outputs, all via a single cable connected to your receiver. Each channel is freely assignable to any input and can be reversed and matched to any other channel on the Smooth Flite. Building that next giant scale model Smooth Flite has got it covered.
Easy to Use
Smooth Flite comes with pre-configured channel mapping that matches your chosen radio brand so model setup is really simple. Of course for advanced setups all 16 channels can freely assigned to any transmitter channel.
Smooth Flite sixteen gives you live feedback of both your batteries on your radio. Monitor the voltage and capacity used out of each of your batteries at any time during the flight. Ensure your batteries are ready for the next flight.*
The Next standard in servo Matching.
In the RC industry precision is key. How can you expect to be precise when no two servos are identical, giving you varied results no matter how well you mechanically match them. Match your servos across 15 individual points, with 8000 step resolution and you can finally achieve matched perfection on your elevators, flaps, multi-engines and more. Take the hassle out of your new setup and have a model that raises your skills.
Sub-trim and reverse on all outputs
Ever spent hours, mechanically matching servos and never being able to get them just right or had to use a separate channel on your receiver, just to reverse a servo. With our intuitive and simple setup you can easily sub-trim at the centre and end-points of all your outputs on the Smooth Flite. Using Smooth Flite you can individually reverse your servos at a touch of a button. Smooth Flite gives you ultimate power at your fingertips.
RRS - Redundant Receiver technology
Smooth Flite RRS is the safest in signal sharing technology, the redundant receiver system ensures your model by utilising two receivers. Unlike other power systems Smooth Flite reads signal from both receivers at all times and runs an intelligent algorithm to select the best signal.
In the unlikely event that a receiver fails then Smooth Flites switches to the better receiver in less than one signal frame to ensure you will have constant control of your model. Reliability is key with models today, with our redundant receiver system you can ensure your model is always reporting back to you.
With Smooth Flite all receiver events are recorded and remain even when powered down so you can review receiver health and signal strength between flights.
Vibrant colour touch screen display.
Gone are the days of fiddly buttons and rotating dial frustrations, no more bind plugs and small screw drivers needed. The vibrant Smart Display gives you feedback and simple programming all in one touch screen display. With intuitive buttons and a single setup design. Your model will be in the air before you know it.
Smooth Flite flight system (Gyro).
The Smooth Flite is much more than just a gyro. It is a complete flight system that harnesses the power of a 3 axis gyro, 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis compass and a barometer. the combination of the state-of-the art devices and our proprietary Smooth Flite algorithms give you a very scale like flying experience.
Smooth Flite key features:
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) takes the guess work out of setting up gain levels. Set up your gain for normal flying and Smooth Flite AGC takes it from there increasing and decreasing gain based on our proprietary algorithms. Switch to high gain for landings and know that Smooth Flite has your back with AGC reducing and increasing gain as required.
- Advanced Vibration Filtering Calculations (VFC). Every RC model has different vibration levels. A gas model will produce much more vibration than an electric or turbine powered model. Smooth Flite takes all this into consideration.
- Inertia Calculations. Smooth Flite take into account the weight of a model with advanced algorithms to give you mode la very scale like flight envelope.
- Freely Assignable Smooth Flite control to any or all 16 programmable servo channels. Smooth Flite is the only system available today that allows you assign gyro control to any and all outputs. Here is a typical example. At the touch of a button you can assign gyro control to multiple rudder servos as well as steering servo. You can then reverse, sub trim, move endpoint (all from the Smooth Flite system) The result being you then have gyro assisted control of ground steering as well as rudder.
- Second Variable Gain Control (VGC). Our engineers fly all types of models and realised that Smooth Flite will be used with many different flying styles so we decided to add in a Variable Gain Control VGC so you can boost or cut the already switchable gain settings. This is like having a variable turbo control to hyper boost or cut on the fly for super low speed flight.
- Proportional Control - is a switchable feature that reduces gain as the control stick moves away from the centre position. This give the pilot more control at outer stick positions.
* Redundant Receiver system – works with dual or single receiver system
* Mutli-protocol support SBus2,SRXL,XBus,HoTT, EXBus, SRXL2, SBus
* Telemetry ready
* 16 fully programmable and assignable channels
* Works with single or dual battery configuration.
* Works with all battery chemistries. LiFe. LiPo, Lion, NiMh, NiCD.
* Full Dual Battery Redundancy - If one battery fails the other battery takes full control..
* Vibrant Colour 2.4inch diagonal touch screen with 64k colour
* Screen case dimensions 3.4 x 2.0 x 0.5 inches (86 x 50 x 12)mm
* Smooth Flite dimensions 2.59 x 1.92 x 0.47 inches (66mm x 49mm x 18.5)mm
* Smooth Flite weight (55gms) without colour screen..
* Multi-match technology.
* 3 axis gyro, accelerometer, compass and a barometer.
* Advanced Radio Proprietry Smooth Flite algorithms.